LLB (Hons) B.Media GDLP
Paula practises in our family law team, and is admitted as a solicitor and barrister of the Supreme Court of South Australia and High Court of Australia.
Prior to commencing at Precision Legal, Paula was the Legal Associate to the Honorable Justice Mead of the Family Court of Australia. That role provided Paula with unique insight into the heart of Family Law litigation, and the practical operation of the Australian Family Court. Paula utilises her experience to ensure that her clients achieve the best possible results when managing their family law separation.
Paula has acted in relation to complex family law disputes, many of which require Paula to provide her clients with advice regarding corporate and commercial law, property disputes and litigation, spousal maintenance, child support, and parenting.
Area of Practice
Paula has assisted her clients in a range of family law matters, select examples of which include:
- providing advice to, and acting on behalf of, her clients in relation to all aspects of property settlements, which often include family trusts, corporate structures, loan agreements and conveyancing considerations;
- parenting matters, including care arrangements, relocation and travel orders, recovery orders, and assisting grandparents or other family members in maintaining contact with children;
- the preparation of binding financial agreements (commonly known as a prenuptial agreement, or “prenup”) and private child support agreements, in which Paula applies her knowledge to ensure that the same are both enforceable, and uniquely tailored to suit her clients’ specific circumstances; and
- preparing and filing applications for spousal maintenance on behalf of her clients, which applications advocate her clients’ best interests, while remaining realistic as to their actual legal entitlements.
Paula is aware that many aspects of family law matters are difficult and confronting for her clients, and accordingly takes care to ensure that clients are made to feel comfortable and well informed throughout the legal process. Paula has assisted married and de facto couples from diverse backgrounds, including same-sex relationships and stepfamilies, in protecting their assets and securing their interests during complicated divorce and separation proceedings.
Paula regularly appears in the Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia on behalf of her clients, and attends both informal and Court-facilitated alternative dispute resolution processes (such as mediation and conciliation conferences) alongside her clients to ensure that they have every opportunity to achieve a resolution prior to incurring the avoidable expense associated with family law litigation.
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Bachelor of Media
- Law Society of South Australia
- Family Law Section Law Council of Australia