Jonothan practises in the corporate and commercial law team, and is admitted as a solicitor and barrister in the Supreme Court of South Australia.
Prior to joining Precision Legal, Jonothan had the opportunity to develop his legal knowledge in intellectual property, media and technology in one of Australia’s leading intellectual property teams.
Jonothan has continued to develop his passion for technology alongside with his understanding of the Australian legal system, and often looks for opportunities to incorporate one into the other. Jonothan is also very enthusiastic about professional legal drafting, and is always looking for technical and creative ways to secure his clients’ interests.
Areas of Practice
Commercial & Business Law
Jonothan’s commercial and business experience includes facilitating the sale and purchase of companies, shares, register lists and other essential components of his clients’ businesses, involving the preparation of formal legal documentation relating to the same.
Jonothan has also acted for various not-for-profit entities in relation to their employment and service agreements, commercial contracts and donation agreements.
Select examples of Jonothan’s commercial and business law experience include:
- the preparation of comprehensive policies and procedures which govern his clients’ internal operating processes, including (but not limited to) information technology procedures, human resources guidelines, employee behavioural requirements and formal writing style guidelines; and
- the preparation of terms & conditions as to relate to clients’ goods and services offered in the information technology, telecommunications and education industries.
Jonothan has advised clients in relation to a broad range of civil disputes, in the ordinary course of which he has assisted in conducting negotiations with other parties and legal representatives, liaised with expert witnesses, and prepared Court materials and documentation required to progress the dispute. In particular, Jonothan has advised clients in relation to civil matters ranging from simple debt recovery to complex building and construction disputes.
Jonothan has assisted his clients in a range of employment matters, including:
- reviewing and preparing employment and contractor agreements;
- representing both employees and employers in relation to ongoing employment disputes; and
- preparing fulsome settlement and release documents subsequent to the successful resolution of disputes.
Intellectual Property Law
Jonothan has provided his clients with insight into the intellectual property protection offered in Australia, including trademarks, patents, and copyright. In particular, Jonothan has been involved in disputes between his clients and third parties in relation to the unauthorised use of trademarks, the preparation of both simple and complex intellectual property licensing or assignment agreements, and filing trademark applications.
- Bachelor of Laws and Legal Practices – Flinders University
- Law Society of South Australia