LLB BA (Hons) GDLP
Annie practises in the family law team and is admitted as a solicitor and barrister in the Supreme Court of South Australia, and the High Court of Australia.
Prior to joining Precision Legal, Annie practised in a specialist criminal and family law practice, regularly appearing as counsel in the Magistrates, District, Federal Circuit and Family Courts for a range of matters including sensitive child custody disputes, complex property settlements and criminal matters. Annie has also appeared on behalf of her clients in various tribunals for disciplinary matters including employment disputes, sexual harassment claims and professional conduct complaints.
Annie’s experience in advocacy and litigation provides her with specialist insight into her clients’ prospects of success, allowing her to provide realistic and accurate advice to each of her clients. Annie’s focus is to provide advice that is realistic, and considers what her clients are entitled to pursuant to the Family Law Act 1975 (Cth).
Areas of Practice
Annie has assisted clients in relation to a broad range of family law matters, including complex property settlements, parenting arrangements, binding financial agreements, child support and spousal maintenance. Select examples of Annie’s family law experience include:
- providing advice as to the division of a complex corporate trust structure, which included businesses run through family trusts, companies and partnerships, and utilised forensic accounting to recover funds missing from the asset pool;
- providing advice for a complex parenting arrangement between high-conflict parties which involved sensitive issues including an intervention order protecting the spouse and the children, and advising the client as to the strategy to protect their case in accordance with the principles and approach of the Family Court. As a result of Annie’s advice, the parenting orders sought by the client were granted, and the client was then able to spend the desired period with their children;
- advising a client in relation to their rights and obligations when subject to a police investigation, and in circumstances of their arrest, speaking with the police on her client’s behalf to negotiate bail;
- providing advice as to the purpose of a binding financial agreement (commonly known as a prenuptial agreement, or “prenup”), and its effectiveness in protecting the client’s assets that were owned at the commencement of a relationship, in the event of the breakdown of that relationship; and
- making an application and achieving orders for urgent spousal maintenance in the Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia, where the client had no access to any financial resources because of the breakdown in the de facto relationship.
Annie assists clients in navigating their legal rights and obligations in all manner of family law disputes. Annie’s approach to her clients is open and honest, with a focus on determining what her clients want and need out of the family law process. Where urgent action is required, Annie has experience engaging in prompt negotiations with the other party or legal representative to minimise the risk associated with highly conflictual scenarios, and seeking injunctive orders to protect the client’s short-term interests.
Annie regularly appears in the Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia on behalf of her clients and attends both informal and private mediations, as well as Court-facilitated dispute resolution.
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons)
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- Law Society of South Australia
- Family Law Council of Australia